Monday, March 24, 2008

My New Offer!

I once found myself in a situation where I had to complete two commissions in the same week, and had five inquiries to answer at the same time--seven if you count my clients. Not an easy thing to do single-handedly.

Although its good that my name is out there, and people are interested in my services, I don't particularly want to find myself in that situation again. I thought about what I could offer potential clients if I find myself double-booked. I don't want to turn any away, but they usually have a set date of when they need a completed portrait in their hands and I just don't have the time.

I looked at what some other portrait artists were doing: they offered Gift Certificates. I thought that was a nice idea because it allowed a gift-receiver to be more involved which may take time, therefore, more time for the artist to work on other projects. So I designed some certificates based on what other artist's do, and offered that as part of my creative services. I've a few inquiries from last minute gift-givers, but no rushing stampede for them. And to tell the truth, I wasn't satisfied with offering Gift Certificates. Anyone can do that.

I happened to be in the gift wrap section of a store looking for...I forget, when I saw Gift Card bags and holders. I thought to myself, "These are so cute! Too bad I don't need a Gift Card for....HEEEYYYY!!" Um...I kind of slow. To make a long story short, I made a few inquiries of my own to some companies who specialize in making all kind of cards: credit, hotel keys, gift cards and more. From that, as you can see below, I have something new to offer! Gift Cards!



No comments:

Post a Comment