Monday, September 4, 2006

My Future Masterpiece!

Have you ever been in the middle of an assignment and suddenly *bam!* had a great idea for an exciting, new project? That happens to me alot. Usually, I'm able to finish what I've started, but I've had this craving for this particular art project that won't be satisfied until completed. It's one of my ambitions, but will become my masterpiece! After all, it's modeled from a masterpiece by one of the world's greatest artists!

John Singer Sargent was an American painter in the late-1800s to the mid-1900s. The portrait shown is the famous "Lady Agnew of Lochnaw". It currently hangs in a museum in Scotland. Sargent was a man of deep convictions and would not give in to please his patron. A difficult thing for me; besides seeing myself as my worst critic, I want all of my clients to be more than pleased with my work.

This beautiful art piece was modernized in a recent issue of a bridal magazine. Unfortunately, my 'great idea' didn't come to me until too late and other issues of the magazine had been published. So now it comes to me to reproduce what I saw from that magazine and put the face of "Lady Agnew" on canvas once more. This time, for the 21st century!

No comments:

Post a Comment