Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Friends: A Good Year!

For many of my friends, this year was a busy and exciting time that lead to one of the most important moments in life: Graduation. Everyone looks forward to being a Senior in high school! After all, Seniors rule the school, and there are so many activities to take part in and decisions to make. What will you wear to Prom? What photographer will you choose for Senior pictures? How will you design your ring? Although for me, that choice was made in my Junior year.

If memory serves, my graduation was a 3-day event -- Ring night, Senior night and the actual Graduation ceremony. Unfortunately, at my school, a graduating senior couldn't march with his or her fellow classmates unless they participated in these ceremonies. Sometimes schedules conflict, and so another decision needed to be made. Needless to say, I marched. But as the school year neared its end, I realized how swiftly four years have gone by. Its hard saying goodbye to favorite teachers and to your friends. One more decision: What next?

All of my friends have graduated from my former school, and I wanted to do something special to mark the excitement of being a graduate. This is an example of my gift to them.

Congratulations Class of 2006!

2 comments:

  1. Tell me more about the illustration in this blog entry. Is it a pencil? Charcoal? Is it a sketch for an upcoming painting? What does this drawing say to you about graduation?

    Thanks for keeping us updated through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is the completed version of the gift, and was done in pencil on paper. I wanted to give something that was a little more personal, and felt that a portrait was a unique way of their remembering this special event.

    The drawing itself is based on a graduation photograph that was taken by Romaguera Photography, a local photography studio that provides their services for many of the graduates in the area.

    ReplyDelete