Monday, September 24, 2007

My Original Subjects!

My latest portrait involves a particularly special couple. Not only are they my brother and sister-in-law, they are the subjects of my very first portrait. As seen to the left, my amazing artistic skill and phenomenal photography talents were still developing. I've slightly improved since then. At the time I was so proud of myself and of the painting that I submitted it into an art exhibit and later gave it to the couple as a gift.

I've been working on this latest portrait since May 2006, and my dad was critiquing it for me through its progression. Since he was no longer around, I've literally avoided doing any work on it, and focused on other clients. I finally reached a point where it became necessary to complete it. I think even my dad would be satisfied with the results.

Jenni and Ulysses, professional wedding photographers in New York, celebrated their wedding anniversary this month. I thought the timing was great for the unveiling. Happy 18th!!

1 comment:

  1. Nichole, you get better with each passing year. It's been an amazing experience to see your growth, not only as an individual, but also as an artist. I know the sense of restlessness that comes with always wanting to improve in the areas of technique, execution, and presentation. But just look at how far you've come! Just beautiful. :)


    Keep sticking with it, and never compromise your vision. At the same time, find ways of finding inspiration, expanding your personal vistas, and adding your new experiences to your artistic expressions.

    Jenni and I love you. We'll see you soon.

    Ulysses

    ReplyDelete