Friday, October 26, 2007

My Turn!

Since finishing my mom's bathroom with its gorgeous view, a few of those privileged to actually see it in person have been wanting to see my room as well. Why? Because if the artist's work is nice for a bathroom, then its reasonable to conclude that the artist's main living space is equally as nice. My problem? There was nothing there for anyone to see.

I took the opportunity between clients to make a few changes in case another room-viewing request came along. I am completely enamored with Indian, Arabian, and other Eastern cultures, but I like Spanish architecture as well, and wanted my living space to reflect that. How could I blend these different cultures and make it look awesome? I found an article in a magazine that featured Alhambra, a building which is in Spain that has all of the cultures I love made into one. I immediately fell in love. It was exactly what I was looking for!

I studied everything about the building and even incorporated some of its unique architectural designs into my work. Its coming along very nicely. You can see one part of my completed project -- a new and improved fireplace on my closet door. Not much I can do with the doorknob. The tilework is based on tiles found in Alhambra, and the woodgrain reflects the main pieces of furniture . The vase is based on this vase...much cheaper too. But this is only the tip of the iceberg. More on what's happening at home later.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:33 PM

    Well, it's about time you got to your own room. Now no one will be able to say that the shoemaker has no shoes. :)

    Beautiful work.

    Ulysses

    ReplyDelete