Friday, July 31, 2009

My Second Auction!

My second auction was right here in my backyard. Well, not literally. Jefferson Dollars for Scholars expands educational opportunities to students in the Jefferson Parish of Louisiana. The Rising Stars Golden Tassel Gala is an event held every spring. New Orleans' top business, culinary, and community leaders were invited to attend this fundraising evening, which included a silent auction. I was excited that my painting was one of the items featured among such prestigious artists like George Rodgrigue, Bill Hemmerling and others.

Can you find my painting among these fine items? I'll give you a minute...

No?

Don't worry, a closeup if shown below. "The Blue Balcony" is an 18x24 painting that features, well, you know. Because the theme of New Orleans was so successful the last time, I decided to stick with that. Again, it was a success! Yay!! Here's what Lisa Conescu, Executive Director, said:

Nichole.... Thanks so much. Your painting is gorgeous and the people who bought it are really excited to have it. I loved it! I just am too busy to ever get to bid on anything.

I can't tell you how much we appreciate that you sought us out and wanted to be a part of us. We are always thrilled to have artwork for our auction.You are welcome to do it again next year, if you want. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hmm..maybe I will... What do you think of the featured item?



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work! Congrats on the latest entry into the auction. I'm sure it must be exciting to have seen it on display.

    ReplyDelete