Saturday, January 30, 2010

My 1st Etsy Sale!

There has been a lot of action this past month. The most exciting was my first Etsy sale! A shopper wanted a custom painting of a Weeping Willow for their fireplace at home. What made this request so unique was that six different versions from six different artists were wanted. Each artist would give a different perspective and I thought that was a cool idea. Well, I was one of the chosen artists! Yay, me!! I matched the colors with the photo references of the mantle piece, did a little research and it came out beautifully. My client was happy, and couldn't wait to hang it. I wish I could see the final vision. What do you think?

In other news, Ashton Atelier has been featured several times in other articles, and a few more are upcoming. One of my paintings even made it to a Top 10 list, and that made its popularity skyrocket! Not bad for its first month.

5 comments:

  1. Givens1:05 PM

    Nichole, you do fine work. I, like your perception. I LIKE Your work. ceg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I like the idea of commissioning a few artist to illustrate the same idea. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your first sale! it's always a great feeling - first - second and so on! The feeling never gets old! enjoy each one! k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:24 PM

    SUPER awesome! And congratulations! I have such a hard time selling my paintings, which is why I turned to crochet, recently :P Just gotta keep at it!

    Really super cool that you got a sale :) Did you take a photo of the final finished framed piece? Or did you send it off already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congratulations on your first sale!

    ReplyDelete